- The course introduces the main concepts and context of software architecture. Participants will learn about practices such as essential requirements identification, architectural design, architectural documentation, and architecture analysis.
- It provides a clear understanding of the main aspects of being a software architect, as well as different types of architects (e.g. enterprise, solution, software, and system).
- It reveals a structured way of collecting and documenting the business requirements with an architectural impact (i.e. non-functional requirements) to be quantifiable, measurable, and testable.
- It includes various design techniques in light of the Quality Attributes which help to create software architecture.
- It teaches you how to create proper and structured architectural documentation, in compliance with its purpose and beneficiaries (i.e. users).
- Evaluating software architecture should be part of each project, hence we will discuss different techniques that might help you to mitigate the architectural risk.
- It gives a recipe to conduct a healthy evaluation across different frameworks and libraries which might fit the project, to pick up the most suitable and appropriate based on the environmental context.
- The course is a blend of lectures, individual and team exercises, and interactive workshops.
- Main architectural concepts (e.g. what is a software architecture, the contexts of software architecture, the architecture influence cycle, etc.). The duties, skills, and knowledge of a software architect
- Stakeholders, Business Goals and Quality Attributes (e.g. scalability, performance, security, availability, modifiability) in lights of architectural tactics
- Designing software architecture
- Documenting the software architecture via viewpoint-based approach and architectural views (how to structure the architectural description)
- Evaluation of the software architecture involving different types of stakeholders
- Technologies and frameworks from an architectural perspective (what they mean and how to properly choose them)
- 16 hours
- software developers
- technical leaders
- software/solution architects
- test engineers
- business analysts with a technical background or passionate about technology
People from the following companies attended my courses:
Note: At the moment this course is available only for companies, teams, or groups of students. The individual subscription (i.e. single person) is not an option at the moment.
I am an independent Technical Trainer, Software Architect, and Security Champion.
Please contact me if you are interested in conducting any software architecture, Java performance, or security course or workshop for your team or your company.
15 years of experience
31+ articles, blog posts
34+ conferences talks
8 years of training
70+ training sessions
1200+ hours of training
10+ training clients
4 training countries