- In this course, the attendees will learn how to develop Java software applications with performance as a first-class quality attribute.
- The course is an intensive training targeting passionate Java software developers who are looking to expand their knowledge to discover how to write better code, profile, and tune Java applications.
- It covers topics like JVM architecture, runtime execution engine, memory structure, garbage collectors, JVM tuning and profiling, analyzing case studies from a performance standpoint, and revealing performance code best practices (tips and tricks).
- The course is a blend of lectures, code samples analysis, and profiling and tuning case studies.
- Java Virtual Machine Architecture
- ClassLoader, [Dynamic][Application] Class Data Sharing
- Execution Engine (e.g. Interpreter, Just In Time Compiler, Ahead of Time Compiler)
- Java Memory Structure (e.g. Stack, Heap, Metaspace, Code Cache, Direct Memory)
- Java Garbage Collections (e.g. Serial GC, Parallel GC, G1 GC, ZGC, Shenandoah GC, Epsilon GC)
- Garbage Collection Friendly Programming Tips & Tricks
- JVM Tuning
- JVM Profiling
- Performance Friendly Programming Tips & Tricks
- 16 hours
- Java developers
- JVM performance geeks
- technical leaders
- software architects
People from the following companies attended my courses:
Note: At the moment this course is available only for companies, teams, or groups of students. The individual subscription (i.e. single person) is not an option at the moment.